We, in partnership with NJ MORE Field Guide college, support the local Vaalwater community’s Bushveld Mission – a home for neglected, abused and orphaned children from naught to 18 years old. The home is run by the River of Life Church and staffed by 15 volunteers, who are completely dedicated to “loving the children back to life” by:
- Giving individual tutoring and assisting with homework
- Teaching life-skills training on cooking, vegetable and livestock farming, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Facilitating after-school extramural activities and home duties, such as music lessons and cleaning
- Finding sponsors to fund the children’s tertiary education once they are old enough to “grow wings”
- Above all, providing a safe home where the children can find nurturing, and encouraging them to make successful lives for themselves
What really motivated the college to join us in supporting this particular home is their shared values: enabling a person to have a career of their own choice and passion; empowering a person to take on responsibilities; and raising awareness around the importance of sustainability. The college gets involved in a number of ways, including hands-on help with maintenance tasks and taking the children on game drives in the Marakele National Park to appreciate the many wonders of the natural world.
For more information, please visit the Bushveld Mission Children’s Home website
Together, we can do more – if possible, please assist us: